Friday, July 29, 2005

oy with the poodles already

My quarter-life crisis impulse came some three weeks ago in the form of shears. I cut my hair. Alot of it. I barely have any left. So if I were to currently describe myself, it'd either be romantic parisian 1920's chic-esk or cancer patient.

Note to the popular demand: I'm sorry I haven't had the time to take the picture that was obviously taken by myself, in my room only to post it on friendster.com and caption it with a coverline cliché to camouflage my pathetic-ness. It will take a year to grow into the familiar bob I've had thrice before; you will eventually see the hairstyle.


In other recent but arguably long overdue (the "daily" in "the daily hobble" is rhetorical!) news, I had my first car accident. So I was on Jalan Pudu with Nat in the passenger seat in an intense traffic jam, which I shouldn't have come across in the first place since I was on the way back to Ampang, not Cheras.

While glancing at a Magnum billboard plastered with a well ugly cow selling the suggestingly shameless orgasm-giving product, the car infront of me crashed into the car ahead of it, and then I banged the car infront of me. Sunshine's now got a leaking radiator, so she'll be in the works for a few weeks tangled up in insurance claims and what not.

I'll won’t beat around the bush: I can't give you freeloaders anymore rides for the moment. I'll drive you around using the petrol I paid for with the money from my wallet in two weeks, okay? I weep in realization that I'll some day grow into the stingy farts that are my grandparents. But for the moment, I am only kidding.


It took me 18 years, three months and 16 days, but I've finally realized that Disney has been robbing me of all my dreams and expectations. They corner me with pointing fingers mocking, "Haha, got you!" Even when I turned 16 did it not catch on when no white horse drew a prince with hair you could drop a comb on (What is the point of those snippets in commercials anyway? I'm pretty sure if I were to start using Pantene, I wouldn't brush my hair that way. Then I'd have to keep picking the brush up off the floor).

But a few days ago, it came to me. There is no royalty of any sort. There is no riding on a horse with a newly wedded spouse and a wooden plank displaying the words "JUST MARRIED" on it's ever-swooshing tail. There is no "the one".


I said this to a certain someone the other day, "Forever is comfort for the everything that is temporary". Besides the pride that I have great potential in the field of quotation writing, the disappointment still swells, dwelling in the depths of a heart that's slowly becoming a void.

On a lighter note, my holiday acne's clearing up. Apparently anti-stress causes my face to break out.