Wednesday, August 31, 2005

overlapping jutting teeth, smile, say cheese

My very first attempt of patriotism came at RM2.50. Rather semangat was I to join the likes of the boys who will eventually switch to motorcycles in the future. Those who I wowed at for cycling around Kuala Lumpur in groups with the school standardised sized jalur gemilang flags trailing behind them, those who I later cursed at for beating the red light when it meant green to me. For none of my passenger seaters obliged to hold a flag up while I drove, I made do with those stick-on ones.

Now, for someone who has no sense of sensitivity for anything specifically Malaysian, save eateries, this is quite the rare achievement. However, I found that Sunshine is truly a Claudia's car through and through when she rejected the flag while on Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. I must admit that I screamed like a little baby's bottom for my window was open and bloody hell, that flag was persistent. Anonymous2 asked if I had replaced it. I think RM2.50 is money well enough to give back to Malaysia, don't you think?